4G World 2012: Mobile Broadband’s Annual ‘Must Attend’ Event Continues to Identify and Deliver Opportunities for the Industry
By: Kate Mitchell, 4G World
4G World™ is the world’s largest independent event covering the global technology and applications ecosystem for next-generation mobile broadband networks. 4G holds great potential to transform business and how people communicate, work and socialize. 4G World focuses on the key technologies and global operator business strategies shaping for 4G network deployment.
Now in its fourth year, 4G World 2012 is the flagship mobile conference and expo within the UBM Techweb Events Network (TEN), one of the largest trade show and online media producers in the world. We are excited to put the UBM TechWeb resources to work at 4G World, creating an event that brings together the entire ecosystem of operators, enterprise customers, application developers, key industry associations, and industry experts from other major research and media companies. Just as Interop is the world’s leading and most comprehensive IT conference and expo, 4G World is the only event to provide a complete and unbiased understanding of the latest mobile broadband technology and business innovations.
The 4G World agenda will focus on the most challenging issues and obstacles facing operators as they try to manage the cost of unbridled traffic growth and exploit opportunities to capture sufficient revenues and generate a return on their 4G infrastructure investments, such as:
- How can Mobile Operators collaborate with Technology Vendors and Hosting Providers to deploy Mobile Cloud and 4G infrastructure that optimizes network performance and adds unique value with business models that properly monetize OTT services, Enterprise Applications, Multimedia Content and Social Network services?
- How can regulators, operators, technologists and other stakeholders agree on a plan for global spectrum resourcing to keep pace with the endless appetite for mobile broadband and provide universal coverage of True 4G – IMT Advanced – fully mobile, all IP @ 100 Mbps?
4G World has adopted an open definition of 4G Mobile Broadband including multiple wireless standards and technologies, and the conference program and expo will synthesize network infrastructure, software and OS with the growing device ecosystem including smartphones, tablets and the underlying technology driving 4G innovation. The 4G World conference agenda and summits will reveal best practices for:
- 4G network evolution from HSPA+ and CDMA/EVDO, WiMAX, LTE FDD and TDD to IMT Advanced
- Business models to accelerate broadband adoption, drive ROI, economic development and growth
- 4G network management, user experience optimization, new OSS/BSS and billing solutions
- 4G LTE spectrum alignment for 700/800 Digital Dividend, AWS & 1800 MHz, 2.5 & 3.5 GHz bands
- Convergence of mobile, satellite and fixed cable broadband, FTTH, DSL and DBS networks
- Monetization mechanisms to unleash mobile money, content, location services and advertising
- Mobile applications ecosystem, enterprise mobility and M2M in key vertical industries
- Mobile Cloud – infrastructure, hosted services and bundling strategy with 4G mobile broadband
- Service platforms and policy management enabling VoLTE, multimedia and value-added services (VAS) over LTE
- Business case for deploying small cells, Wi-Fi offload, 4G DAS and HotSpot 2.0
- National Broadband Plans approaches and results from the US and around the world
- Enterprise Mobility and solutions to the challenge of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) users
4G World’s thoughtfully developed program includes the perspectives of mobile network operators from around the world, including:
- Dr. Krish Prabhu, CTO and President, AT&T Labs
- Erik Prusch, President & CEO, Clearwire
- Akira Matsunaga, Associate GM, Industry Standards Department, KDDI
- Dr. Solyman Ashrafi, Staff Vice President of LTE, MetroPCS
- Robert H. Riordan, Executive Vice President, Nsight/Cellcom
- Michael Lai, CEO, Packet One Networks (P1)
- Stephen Bye, CTO/VP – Technology Development & Strategy, Sprint
- Neville Ray, CTO, T-Mobile USA
- Jeff Thompson, CEO, Towerstream
- Praveen Atreya, Director of Network Technology and Head of Verizon LTE Innovation Center
- And many more!
Successful innovation, development, deployment, and ultimately the adoption of almost any new or emerging technology is associated with standards and a collective voice of the industry. 4G World’s conference program and expo brings together the collective expertise and experience of a host of the top mobile broadband industry associations including:
- 4G Americas
- Communications Liberty and Innovation Project (CLIP), Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Small Cell Forum
- TM Forum
- Wi-Fi Alliance
- WiMAX Forum
- Wireless Broadband Alliance
- And more!
And when it comes to perspective and opinion, 4G World has assembled a roster of the industry’s most recognized and regarded analyst partners. Objective, informed, engaging and even opinionated, you’ll learn from those who not only follow the industry but lead it too! Some of 4G World’s contributing analysts include:
- Jennifer Pigg, Battle Green Research
- Ed Gubbins, Current Analysis
- Craig Mathias, Farpoint Group
- Heather and Michael Planey, H&M Planey Consultants
- Ari Banerjee, Heavy Reading
- Michael Howard, Infonetics
- Mark Lowenstein, Mobile Ecosystem
- Josh Martin, Strategy Analytics
- Phil Marshall, Tolaga Research
- Haig Sarkissian, Wireless 20/20
- Ken Rehbehn, Yankee Group Research
- And more!
Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations, 4G World conference and expo will provides an open forum and meeting place for key stakeholders throughout the mobile broadband technology community to discuss, debate and evaluate the most important 4G topics, opportunities and solutions. 4G World will help drive mobile broadband technology adoption by providing knowledge and insight to help network and corporate decision-makers achieve business success.
Save $200 on a 4 Day VIP or Conference Pass for 4G World when you register at www.4gworld.com using priority code 4GW12PSOG.
Sr. Director Marketing