CES 2012 – ROCSTOR UNVEILS AMPHIBIOUS – THE CES 2012 DESIGN AND ENGINEERING AWARD WINNING RUGGEDIZED PORTABLE HARD DRIVE WITH REAL TIME HARDWARE ENCRYPTION
Now Consumers, Businesses, Enterprises and Government Officials Can Have the Value of Data Security by Using an Original Concept of Two-Factor Authentication with Smart Card and Keypad, Real Time Hardware Encryption, and Futuristic Design Sense.
Canoga Park, CA, January 10, 2012 –ROCSTOR, a leading provider of fast, high-capacity data storage and encryption solutions, announces the launch of Amphibious, an International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. The Amphibious is a secure, ruggedized portable hard drive with real time hardware encryption and offers advanced two-factor authentication, USB 2 and Firewire 800. In addition, the crypto module is FIPS 140-2 certified.
The Amphibious is considered as one of the most secure and user-friendly devices in the world for size, strength of encryption, and method of authentication. It offers users the option of using the device in a cross platform and Operating System independent fashion, and no GUI or software installations required. The Amphibious is the result of several years of intensive R & D effort and collaboration. For the user it offers the value of data security by using an original concept of two-factor authentication with Smart Card and Keypad, real time hardware encryption, and futuristic design sense. The Amphibious is appropriate for consumers, SOHO’s, enterprises, institutions, military and government applications who want to store data in a secure manner.
“Amphibious is Rocstor’s latest replacement device on steroids. Designed to be used in consumer, enterprise, institutional, military and US governmental applications, it is the most secure and innovative data-at-rest device on the market today, and comes in a compact size and attractive design,” states Asher Ghadoushi, Director for Rocstor. “One of the most distinctive features is that the Amphibious can be integrated with standard Smartcards as well as deployed with US Government CAC or PIV smartcards and it uses the only NITS and FIPS 140-2 validated crypto module for real-time hardware encryption with smart card authentication, allowing users to swap out different brands of hard drives or SSD’s.”
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
- Real-time encryption (virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data)
- Military grade hardware encryption (not software imbedded in a chip)
- CBC modes
- Two-factor authentication – Smartcard and Password protected
- The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- FIPS (US Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Module validated (FIPS Inside)
- No software or GUI involved or required installation (for encryption or authentication)
- Ruggedized, aircraft grade aluminum alloy
- Pocket-size portable external storage drive
- Bus powered (no adaptor required)
- Carrying case included
- Incorporates SATA hard drive (up to 1TB) or Solid State Drive DDS
- USB and FireWire connections
- Speeds up to 800 Megabytes per second
- Compatible with both Windows® and Macintosh® environments
- Includes all necessary cables
- FireWire 800 (1394b) (or FireWire 400 1394a cable not included) port(s)
- USB 2.0 port(s)
- PowerPC or Intel processor
- Mac OS 9, X, Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion
- MS Window XP or later
- Min. recommended memory: 1GB MB RAM
- Mac OS X v10.3.x or later
- Microsoft ® Windows®, XP or later
- Solid State Drives (SSD)
Rocstor’s Amphibious will be revealed at the 2012 International CES at the Rocstor Booth #3822 in the North Hall (iLounge). The Amphibious will also be on display with other Design and Innovation Award Honorees at CES Unveiled: the Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 8 in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian, and throughout CES 2012 in the Innovation Award Showcase.
Amphibious will be available Q1 of 2012, through Rocstor’s distribution and reseller channels in USA and Canada.
About CES Innovation Awards:
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
Rocstor offers the most extensive range of desktop and rack mounted RAID storage hardware, at the most competitive prices. Rocstor’s product line features cutting edge technologies that are tested rigorously and proven for solid reliability. By coupling new designs with state of the art technology, Rocstor continues to be one of the major players in the world of digital security. www.rocstor.com.
ROCSECURE is a division of Rocstor, pioneering in the area of secure encryption of digital content in any standard format, and leading the way in encrypted data storage solutions. Rocsecure’s encrypted hardware based solutions, featuring AES 256 Real Time hardware encryption with single or two factor authentications (Comply and certified under NITS, FIPS, Common Criteria), should satisfy the requirements of a home consumer, corporate executives, mandatory government requisition, military. Rocsecure’s ruggedized military-grade construction and highly secure devices to are designed and manufactured to protect against unauthorized access and data corruption. Rocsecure’s new encryption line of products are integrated with Cryptographic Processor / Modules which, depending on the product, are certified under NIST, FIPS L2/L3, Common Criteria, approved for use by NATO military forces.
For more information, visit www.rocsecure.com
IGC Public Relations
Phone: (310) 383-5622