4027 Tampa Rd
Oldsmar, FL 34677
tel 813 852 6400
888 486 5649
fax 813 490 7091
Job Description: Account Manager
Reporting To: Sales Manager
Vology is a leading, global provider of new and pre-owned networking and telecommunications equipment such as , Juniper, Extreme, / , Brocade/Foundry and . We serve more than 15,000 customers in 80 countries, all with exceptional service, support and a lifetime warranty. Headquartered in Tampa Bay, Florida, with multiple offices across the US, the company was founded in 2001 and is on track to do $80 million in revenue. Further accolades include:
- From 2007-2009, Vology (formerly operating under the name Network Liquidators) was on the Inc. list of the 5000 fastest growing private companies in the US.
- In 2006 was on the Inc. list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in the US.
- In 2009 & 2010, on Tampa Bay Business Journal‘s list of “Best Places to Work.”
- In 2009, achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification as part of our strategy to implement “Best in Class” operations, practices and procedures.
As an employee of Vology, you can expect a wide range of benefits. Some of the benefits of working with this company include:
- Uncapped commission with mid six figure earning potential
- Comprehensive health coverage, 100% employer-paid (health, dental, vision)
- 401(k) with matching
- Being part of a team of professionals in a high growth global company
- We offer an extensive training program upon starting and provide continual training and support throughout your career.
We are looking for the best of the best! The successful candidates will bring the confidence, an aggressive yet tactful personality, credibility and high integrity, coupled with an excellent work ethic. For more information, visit www.vds.com.
The Account Manager will be responsible for servicing our existing customers, as well as prospect for new customers. This individual will be responsible for selling networking and telecommunication hardware to large and mid-sized customers. The ideal candidates will be aggressive, focused and enthusiastic with a track record of integrity and success in sales. He or she will excel in managing multiple sales opportunities and thrive in a high-energy, high velocity environment.
This role will require a highly motivated sales person with a desire to proactively build and develop a customer base. Proficiency in high volume sales calls to prospects leads and contact existing customers to drive business is needed.
This person will need to possess a strong ability to multitask and effectively communicate. This person will also need to be proficient with a computer to ensure fast and efficient activity in their day to day sales activity.
This person will report directly to our Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Efficiently perform sales-related activities to reach GP quotes including sales calls, quote development, order entry, client inquiries, follow-up calls, contracts,and shipping/service issues
- Create proposals and quotations in response to RFQ’s and customer requests.
- Answer client questions on pricing, availability of inventory, and placed orders
- Partnering with Vology Expeditors (Sales Assistants) and purchasing team to ensure superior customer service
- Monitoring of open sales orders, pipeline, and entering of trouble tickets (customer returns)
- Prospecting leads for account executive/sales reps
- Participate with sales team on marketing activity to drive business
- Conduct customer service follow-up calls for new and existing clients
- Ensure the customer information database for designated clients is accurate & complete, and reflects any sales activities and follow-up calls
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 2+ years of business to business sales experience (technology preferable)
- Proven track record of exceeding annual revenue and profit targets
- Extensive and successful commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- High volume inside sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including strong phone skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities/deadlines
- Organizational/prioritization skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experienced negotiator and strong closer
- Must be well organized and have excellent time management skills
- No travel required
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
- sales experience or equivalent WAN/LAN enterprise sales helpful
- Existing customer relationships a plus
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience with CRM and/or ERP software
- Existing business relationships a plus